5PM is the choice.

Well, I've officially tried all of the expensive and crappy PM software in the world. The vast majority of it sucks. All that I can say is that this is a good example of throwing it against the wall and seeing what sticks. For me, there were a couple of decent choices like Basecamp and it's look-alikes. Then there's 5PM. Which has everything that I need except milestones, and for me this one is a second tier requirement because most of my projects aren't the kind that have tons of people all working on it at the same time and they don't last for a year. I mainly want a timeline, tasks with meta data and sub tasks, and email integrations, and 5PM has all of the above. It's a little bit expensive, but still 25% cheaper than Basecamp at $18/month.

What kind of comments do you have about PM software?